Dr. Alex Pestereanu-Gere
Postdoctoral Fellow/Registered Psychological Assistant (94026592)
I am particularly zealous about social injustice issues and working with marginalized population. I am passionate about working with and helping people who are living with depression, anxiety, traumatic events, racism, relationship conflicts, childhood struggles, self-esteem issues, and communication problems, as well as acculturation.
I am concerned with the impact of anxiety and depression and improving intervention to support daily functioning and living with anxiety and depression for better emotional, physical and relationship health. My counseling and therapy experience across a variety of treatment settings include inpatient psychiatric, outpatient psychiatric, community-based services, homeless veterans in rehabilitation center, and children and adolescents in child protective cases.
I have experience serving various populations in the following areas:
- Group Psychotherapy
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual Therapy
- Depressive Disorders
- Addictive Behaviors and Substance Use Issues
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal Self-Harm Behavior
- Personality Disorders
- Physical Sexual and Emotional Abuse
- Anger and Stress Management
- Developmental Disabilities
- Mood Disorders
- Schizophrenia and various symptoms of psychosis
- Trauma and abuse.
In addition, I served nine years in the United States Navy and have experience in working with homeless veterans and I am proficient in military and veterans’ issues. I am also an immigrant from Romania, and I am passionate about immigrant issues. I am fluent in Romanian and Spanish.
I employ an integrated approach of a variety of therapeutic interventions including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Positive Psychology and Mindfulness.
I am an LGBTQIA+ Affirming therapist. My pronouns are she/her/hers or they/them/theirs.
- PsyD. Clinical Forensic Psychology, Alliant University: California School Forensic Studies, 2019
- M.A. Clinical Forensic Psychology, Alliant University: California School Forensic Studies, 2016
- B.A. in Psychology, Argosy University, 2012
- A.A in Psychology, University of Maryland, Asian and European Division, 2008
Contact Dr. Alex Pestereanu-Gere
Phone: (619) 202-1465
My pronouns are she/her/hers or they/them/theirs.
Supervised by Dr. Heather Marriatori (PSY31034)
HM Psychological Services
3130 Fifth Avenue
San Diego, CA 92103